This is the first Presidential Election that King County has voted all by mail. Voters are reminded to turn ballots into ballot drop boxes before 8 pm on November 6 or make sure the ballot is postmarked November 6 or earlier.
If you’re a new voter and you haven’t registered yet, it’s not too late. New voters can register in person until Oct 29. Here’s how: http://www.kingcounty.gov/elections/registration.aspx
Registered voters should receive ballots no later than October 23. Track your ballot packet and get questions answered at http://www.kingcounty.gov/elections.aspx.
The Seattle Channel has covered the election during the last few weeks, and a roundup of the video election coverage can be found below:
- Initiative 502 – The marijuana debate (CityClub, in partnership with the UW Debate) – http://www.seattlechannel.org/videos/video.asp?ID=5551206
- Referendum 74 – Same sex marriage (Seattle Speaks) – http://www.seattlechannel.org/videos/video.asp?ID=3381202
- Governor’s race (City Inside/Out) – http://www.seattlechannel.org/videos/video.asp?ID=3061227
- Proposition 1 – Alaskan Way Seawall funding (Council discussion) – http://www.seattlechannel.org/videos/video.asp?ID=216122
- Election debate (City Inside/Out) – http://www.seattlechannel.org/videos/video.asp?ID=306122
- Find more videos about this year’s election issues at http://www.seattlechannel.org/videos/watchVideos.asp?program=Elections
Don’t forget to vote on or before Nov. 6!